Coordinator Sonography Education
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Under the direction of the Program Director, provides continuity
between didactic and clinical phases of the Sonography Program.
Responsible for classroom, lab and clinical instruction and helps
to ensure a quality, cost-effective, motivated and customer-driven
potential employee. Develops course schedules to ensure theory and
clinical implementation according to established curriculum
- Implements curriculum for the Sonography Program of the School
of Diagnostic Imaging.
- Develops course schedules to ensure theory and clinical
implementation according to an established curriculum plan.
- Uses knowledge of school philosophy, objectives and
organizational framework in implementation of the curriculum.
- Demonstrates knowledge of skill progression across the
curriculum and knowledge of course and clinical objectives.
- Collaborates with clinical preceptors from each clinical site
to ensure that logistical implementation of the curriculum meets
the needs of the students, school faculty, patients and staff of
- Promotes student learning through effective classroom
- Plans, implements and evaluates didactic teaching strategies to
promote student achievement of course objectives.
- Performs laboratory practicum for student demonstrations and
practice of essential skills under simulated conditions.
- Promotes the use and development of critical thinking skills in
the student. Promotes student satisfaction and active
- Coordinate clinical education with didactic education as
assigned by program director.
- Evaluate and ensure the effectiveness of clinical experiences
for the concentrations students are enrolled in.
- Provide clinical instruction and document the evaluation and
progression of clinical performance leading to clinical
- Assists with the tactical planning activities for the school
with hiring, student selection and termination decisions.
- Collaborates with director, manager and staff to ensure
effective planning, implementation and evaluation of the
- Contributes to ongoing development of curriculum including
philosophy, courses, school and course objectives, course sequence
- Collectively responsible with all faculty for educational
effectiveness and participates in evaluation studies to improve
school outcomes. Assumes responsibility for the school in
Director's and Manager's absence.
- Assists with completion of JRC-DMS Self-Study and site visit to
obtain and maintain school accreditation and help ensure compliance
with national educational standards that will give students the
knowledge, skills, attributes and clinical experience needed for
entry into the profession and for practice of the profession.
- Assists in the preparation and updating of the program policies
and enforcement of program, hospital and organizational
- Participates in community activities and encourages student and
peer participation. Assists with organizing and conducting career
days and other recruiting activities that foster positive
relationships with the community. Conducts seminars and in-service
- Keeps current in the field of sonography and maintains
professional growth through current literature, attendance at
workshops, seminars, membership in professional organizations and
networking with other sonography educators.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Associate Degree required.
- Bachelor Degree preferredCertifications:
- Must be a Registered Diagnostic Sonographer credentialed by The
American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Must have
certification in Abdominal, OB/GYN, and Vascular.
- Must obtain Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within new
hire period.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision. Must be
able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate
action. Must be able to direct the work of others (students).Work
- Minimum two years? experience as a registered sonographer.
- Teaching experience preferred.Physical Requirements:
- Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing to normal
- Requires standing, walking and sitting for extensive periods of
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate basic office
equipment.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.The policy of Cleveland Clinic
Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health
System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and
applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free
environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for
controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for
candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine.
Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic
Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for
open positions after 90 days.Decisions concerning employment,
transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best
qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion,
national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status,
ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other
characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this
application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System
facility.Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesSchedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Euclid , Coordinator Sonography Education, Education / Teaching , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!