Coordinator Sonography Education
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 7, 2022
- Implements curriculum for the Sonography Program of the School
of Diagnostic Imaging.
- Develops course schedules to ensure theory and clinical
implementation according to an established curriculum plan.
- Uses knowledge of school philosophy, objectives and
organizational framework in implementation of the curriculum.
- Demonstrates knowledge of skill progression across the
curriculum and knowledge of course and clinical objectives.
- Collaborates with clinical preceptors from each clinical site
to ensure that logistical implementation of the curriculum meets
the needs of the students, school faculty, patients and staff of
- Promotes student learning through effective classroom
- Plans, implements and evaluates didactic teaching strategies to
promote student achievement of course objectives.
- Performs laboratory practicum for student demonstrations and
practice of essential skills under simulated conditions.
- Promotes the use and development of critical thinking skills in
the student. Promotes student satisfaction and active
- Coordinate clinical education with didactic education as
assigned by program director.
- Evaluate and ensure the effectiveness of clinical experiences
for the concentrations students are enrolled in.
- Provide clinical instruction and document the evaluation and
progression of clinical performance leading to clinical
- Assists with the tactical planning activities for the school
with hiring, student selection and termination decisions.
- Collaborates with director, manager and staff to ensure
effective planning, implementation and evaluation of the
- Contributes to ongoing development of curriculum including
philosophy, courses, school and course objectives, course sequence
- Collectively responsible with all faculty for educational
effectiveness and participates in evaluation studies to improve
school outcomes. Assumes responsibility for the school in
Director's and Manager's absence.
- Assists with completion of JRC-DMS Self-Study and site visit to
obtain and maintain school accreditation and help ensure compliance
with national educational standards that will give students the
knowledge, skills, attributes and clinical experience needed for
entry into the profession and for practice of the profession.
- Assists in the preparation and updating of the program policies
and enforcement of program, hospital and organizational
- Participates in community activities and encourages student and
peer participation. Assists with organizing and conducting career
days and other recruiting activities that foster positive
relationships with the community. Conducts seminars and in-service
- Keeps current in the field of sonography and maintains
professional growth through current literature, attendance at
workshops, seminars, membership in professional organizations and
networking with other sonography educators.
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- Associate Degree required.
- Bachelor Degree preferred Certifications:
- Must be a Registered Diagnostic Sonographer credentialed by The
American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). - Must have
certification in Abdominal, OB/GYN, and Vascular.
- Must obtain Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within new
hire period. Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision. Must be
able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate
action. Must be able to direct the work of others (students). Work
- Minimum two years' experience as a registered sonographer.
- Teaching experience preferred. Physical Requirements:
- Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing to normal
- Requires standing, walking and sitting for extensive periods of
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate basic office equipment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Euclid , Coordinator Sonography Education, Education / Teaching , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!