Manufacturing Data Analyst Engineer
Company: BWX Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: April 4, 2021
At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong,
Innovation Driven. H eadquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides
safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean
energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space
exploration. With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major
operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole
manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and
aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured
components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power
industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide
environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more
than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT's
technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production
in North America and microreactors for various defense and space
applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at
www.bwxt.com . Manufacturing Data Analyst Engineer -----BWX
Technologies, Inc.-----Euclid, OH Work with SAP Business
Intelligence (BI) and SQL data to analyze and develop reports and
processes to evaluate manufacturing operations and processes in
order to facilitate complex decision-making. Prepare metrics that
outline and rank proposed solutions and presents a range of
possible alternatives. Apply functional knowledge to design and
customize manufacturing MRP systems to support planning,
scheduling, and operations departments. Prepare, test, and validate
production models and reports results to management. Perform
engineering assignments requiring knowledge and application of
basic engineering principles, while following specific procedures,
standards and me Job Description / Duties:
- Develop, manage and update automated systems to improved
functionality for the operations department.
- Provide system support for overall business and production
- Develop and provide business metrics and reports as required by
the Operations department.
- Assist with SharePoint site support and lead coordination
efforts if required.
- Support in-house VBA and Excel applications.
- Potential future development and support of C# and asp.net
- Develop and maintain process planning to manufacture
challenging hardware to meet schedules.
- Generate SAP routings including steps of the manufacturing
- Resolve operational challenges; generate tool layouts and other
- Perform engineering studies and analysis to reduce defects,
spans, and improve hardware quality.
- Used root cause analysis to assess areas such as rework, safety
- Make recommendations to management on future projects using
data driven analysis.
- Assist with capital procurements and writing run-off
- Work with SAP and IT to upgrade and automate reporting.
- Support shop floor via troubleshooting activities to assure
minimal deviations and downtime.
- Interact with shop floor support, quality engineering, product
engineering, planning, etc.
- Participate in R&D projects by providing technical support
to assure prototypical hardware meets guidelines.
- Assist in technical training of new hires.
- Minor business travel may be required. Job Qualifications /
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Industrial,
Manufacturing Engineering or Engineering Technology degree
- Manufacturing/machining background is preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years of related work experience preferred.
- SAP and CAD/CAM experience is preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to interpret/analyze
data from the various systems.
- Strong data analysis and manipulation skills using SQL and
- Microsoft programming experience (C#, vb.net, VBA,
- Proven task leadership, working in a team environment and
- Strong problem-solving skills and work ethic.
- Knowledge of key performance indicators.
- Ability to act and think strategically and independently.
- Strong attention to detail. Applicants selected will be subject
to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility
requirements for access to classified information or matter.
Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and
ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE)
security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and
financial background investigation and previous employment
reference verifications. BWXT supports diversity and is committed
to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established
procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as
recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits,
company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are
administered without regard to race, color religion, gender,
national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Industrial, Database, Manufacturing Engineer,
Engineer, Manufacturing, Technology, Engineering
Keywords: BWX Technologies, Inc., Euclid , Manufacturing Data Analyst Engineer, Engineering , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!