Industrial Vehicle Mechanic
Company: The Lincoln Electric Company
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality
welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to
complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are
committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to
foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers.
Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is
immense. Req. ID:--18599-- PURPOSE: Mechanically troubleshoot,
repair and maintain industrial vehicles and emergency stationary
engines. Primarily 1st shift schedule, could include 2nd, 3rd,
split shifts, weekends, holidays, 12 hour shifts, on-call. Daily
work activity is directed by the Group Leader and a Fleet Mechanic
A or B. Reports directly to the department Foreman.-- --
- Performs all tasks under direct supervision.
- Troubleshoot, repair, inspect, and maintain industrial vehicles
and emergency stationary engines.
- Perform bench work in repairing and maintaining fleet equipment
and spare part assemblies.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment and
systems (e.g., mechanical, electrical).
- Evaluates and recommends equipment improvements to improve
availability and capability.
- Performs equipment failure analyses (including preventative and
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment problems.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs facilities mechanical
components and electrical equipment and systems in accordance with
SOPs (standard operating procedures), internal requirements,
manufacturer's specifications and safety policies.
- Performs miscellaneous manual labor activities (e.g., sweeping
and cleaning floors and work areas, picking up papers and refuse
from grounds, assisting in the handling of heavy materials, making
minor repairs, mowing lawns, and shoveling snow).
- Oversee fleet maintenance contract and service work as
- Order and maintain spare parts.
- Assist with keeping neat and orderly records on work
- Work with Engineering, Production Team Leads, Foreman, Group
Leaders, and fellow tradesmen to accomplish the desired
- Adjust schedule and work hours to accomplish the desired
result, ability to be on-call and must be able to rotate shifts and
work weekends and holidays as required.
- Perform work assignments efficiently while being consistent
with good safety practices.
- Assist in procedure/equipment upgrades as necessary.
- Report any maintenance and/or safety issues to
- Review, understand, and follow all Company specifications and
procedures, and regulatory rules and requirements that are
associated with the performance of this job.
- Other duties as assigned by the department Foreman. -- SKILLS,
APTITUDE AND ABILITIES:
- Associate degree or Certificate in a mechanical technology is
- Must pass the skilled trade assessment test for this
- Must have some knowledge of mechanical troubleshooting
including power transmission and fluid power.
- Must have some knowledge of fleet electrical
- Must have some level of knowledge and experience reading
mechanical drawings and service manuals.
- Must have some mechanical aptitude and the ability to work on
close tolerance equipment and/or parts.
- Ability to use various measuring devices (torque wrench,
micrometers, Vernier calipers, dial indicators etc.)
- Ability to fabricate, weld, or machine parts may be
- Excellent attendance required.
- Must possess good organizational and communication skills.
- Team oriented, self-motivated, safety and quality conscious;
requiring minimal supervision.
- Capable of lifting up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis.
- May be required to operate basic shop equipment (hoist,
forklift, scissor lift, etc.)
- Must be able to work in confined areas, climb ladders, and work
at heights of 50 feet.
- Must be able to wear a respirator.
- Must be willing to continuously improve technical skills and
- Must be able to understand and interpret the specifications and
procedures related to this job. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to their race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or
disability. Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company
(NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. --With
operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we
are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow
with our customers.-- As a part of that continuing legacy, you will
contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the
pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world---s
challenges. --It is a great time to be part of the welding
industry! Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from
third-party recruiters. --Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of
Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager
of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric.
--Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln
Electric will not be considered binding terms. --Lincoln Electric
will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not
coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting
Department. Employment Status: Hourly Full-Time--
Function:--Maintenance-- Section: --Lincoln Cleveland (US10)--
Keywords: The Lincoln Electric Company, Euclid , Industrial Vehicle Mechanic, Engineering , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!