Company: The Lincoln Electric Company
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality
welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to
complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are
committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to
foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers.
Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is
immense. Req. ID: 19820 PURPOSE: To design, develop and evaluate
welding consumables and associated processes; to conduct applied
research into new areas of welding consumable design and/or on new
welding processes. JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND
- Applies engineering and scientific principles in the design and
execution of development projects. Assignments are broad in scope,
requiring originality and ingenuity within the specific field of
specialization. Typically works as part of a cross-functional team
on projects of larger scope and greater complexity.
- Develops new welding consumables, welding processes, and/or
test methodologies in accordance with company policies/procedures
and in consideration of market needs, requiring direct interface
with customers, sales and marketing industry codes, standards, and
specifications, and manufacturing process capabilities, requiring
direct interface with manufacturing and methods personnel.
- Establishes standards and methodologies for and conducts
evaluations of product performance.
- Develops/refines test methods, as applicable, to support new
product development and product evaluations.
- Facilitates development of manufacturing process capabilities
to support introduction of new products.
- Typically, works with minimal direct supervision, conferring
with superiors as needed. Has appreciable latitude for independent
action or decision.
- May provide task oriented direction to Technicians,
Technologists and/or Engineers Level 1/2 in the execution of
- Structures projects for and provides supervision and mentoring
to Engineering Interns.
- Maintains records of all work in process and documents
interim/final results in the applicable format. These include
Project Definitions, Milestone Plans, ES Reports, Technical
Reports, Project Tracking Progress Reports and presentations at
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in
support of the Company's 2025 Strategy. BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors Degree in Engieering, Metallurgy or Materials
- Minimum 3 years engineering experience.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of engineering and
scientific principles, practices and procedures, within the field
of specialization, to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of MSWord, MSExcel,
MSAccess and MSPowerPoint, as a minimum.
- Working knowledge of Design for Six Sigma and statistical
Design of Experiments methodologies.
- Possesses and applies both practical and fundamental
understanding of various arc welding processes.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Works effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or
have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing
solutions Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability. Lincoln
Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over
10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40
manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to
continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As
a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new
generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with
being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great
time to be part of the welding industry! Lincoln Electric does not
accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes
submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed
vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will
become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments
from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered
binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any
third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting
activity through the Recruiting Department. Employment Status:
Salary Full-Time Function: Engineering Section: Lincoln Cleveland
(US10) EOE, including disability/veterans
Keywords: The Lincoln Electric Company, Euclid , Welding Engineer, Engineering , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!