Assistant Nurse Manager Dermatology
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Monitors daily clinical operations of outpatient clinics.
Provides professional nursing care to a specific patient population
in a variety of settings. Oversees RNs, LPNs, MAs and other patient
care providers of a specified service line to ensure quality of
care. Anticipates and resolves patient care and personnel issues.
Participates in hiring and onboarding of personnel, annual
performance reviews, and performance improvement.Job
- Oversees nursing personnel and patient care providers in the
- Coordinates activities to ensure quality and safe patient
- Anticipates and resolves patient care and personnel
- -In conjunction with the clinical manager, assures maintenance
of annual staff competencies and continuing education.-
- Performs duties of the RN Ambulatory as needed. Collaborates
with care coordinators to ensure smooth and effective- transition
of care. -
- Participates and/or coordinates committees, task forces, and
continuous improvement activities.
- -Participates in department leadership meetings.-
- Ensures compliance with regulatory standards and patient safety
- Assumes responsibilities of the clinical manager as
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA)Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Ability to function in a variety of medical situations.
- Professional behavior/appearance required, ability to focus on
patient safety, teamwork, patient outcomes, patient experience and
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong leadership, communication, problem-solving,
decision-making and conflict resolution skills required.Work
- Minimum two years recent experience as a Registered Nurse
required. Previous supervisory experience preferredPhysical
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- May requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition
exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Even though the
weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be
rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a
significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the
time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls;
and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace
entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even
though the weight of those materials is negligible.Personal
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Euclid , Assistant Nurse Manager Dermatology, Executive , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!