Location Safety Manager
Company: First Student
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Safety ManagerFirst things -First: Who are we? -Twice the size
of our next largest competitor, -First Student -is the leading
school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every
day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers
than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained
drivers and the industry's strongest safety record, First Student
delivers reliable, quality services including full-service
transportation and management, special-needs transportation, route
optimization and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for
1,100 school district contracts. -First Student is proud to
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.Safety Manager major responsibilities:
- Administers driver hiring and compliance process
- Provides direction and guidance to location trainers
- Investigates accidents, incidents, and work-related injuries
and determines fault/probability
- Prepares and submits accident-related compliance forms,
maintains files, and enters in system
- Provides assistance and training to drivers and attendants on
passenger management and other safety related issues
- Performs driver road checks of driver performance
- Supervise employees with safety and/or driver hiring or
- Provides various reports and analyzes safety trends
- Additional duties as assigned -Safety Manager requirements:
- 2 to 3 years of transportation, safety, or related
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and
- Work extended hours on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and
- Manage personnel effectively.
- Oversee and monitor all safety issues.
- Prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Travel as needed to conduct company business.
- Work environments include office, transit facility, fieldwork,
maintenance facility, and transit vehicles.First for a Reason -
-Benefits -We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which
vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and
mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid
holiday/vacation. -Diversity & Inclusion -Because we're stronger
together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First.
We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working
environment for everyone every day. -Professional Advancement
-Start here. Go far. -We believe in promoting from within, -which
-means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong
presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring
Manager Program prepares future leaders at -First Student.
-Extensive Training -Build skills and knowledge in such areas as
safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment,
and job efficiency. -Community Service & Impact -Go where
opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of
everything we do. As the face of First Student in your community,
you'll have a positive impact on others. -About First -America
-First is the -largest passenger transportation company in North
America, we provide -passenger transport -and maintenance services
to municipalities, school districts, and the -general public -in
the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operations is headquartered in
Cincinnati, OH, and employ more than 96,000 employees at 1,200
locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces. - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Apply today!We aspire to have a culture where all people are
First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce
therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free
workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or
Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity
employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive
culture that supports future growth for all.#LI-Management
Keywords: First Student, Euclid , Location Safety Manager, Executive , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!