Location Safety Manager
Company: First Student
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Safety ManagerFirst things First: Who are we?Twice the size of
our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school
transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we
complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than
all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers
and the industry's strongest safety record, First Student delivers
reliable, quality services including full-service transportation
and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization
and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school
district contracts.First Student is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.Safety Manager major responsibilities:
- Administers driver hiring and compliance process
- Provides direction and guidance to location trainers
- Investigates accidents, incidents, and work-related injuries
and determines fault/probability
- Prepares and submits accident-related compliance forms,
maintains files, and enters in system
- Provides assistance and training to drivers and attendants on
passenger management and other safety related issues
- Performs driver road checks of driver performance
- Supervise employees with safety and/or driver hiring or
- Provides various reports and analyzes safety trends
- Additional duties as assignedSafety Manager requirements:
- 2 to 3 years of transportation, safety, or related
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and
- Work extended hours on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and
- Manage personnel effectively.
- Oversee and monitor all safety issues.
- Prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Travel as needed to conduct company business.
- Work environments include office, transit facility, fieldwork,
maintenance facility, and transit vehicles.First for a
ReasonBenefitsWe offer competitive compensation and benefits (which
vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and
mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid
holiday/vacation.Diversity & InclusionBecause we're stronger
together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First.
We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working
environment for everyone every day.Professional AdvancementStart
here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means
tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence
across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager
Program prepares future leaders at First Student.Extensive
TrainingBuild skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and
security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job
efficiency.Community Service & ImpactGo where opportunity meets
community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As
the face of First Student in your community, you'll have a positive
impact on others.About First AmericaFirst is the largest passenger
transportation company in North America, we provide passenger
transport and maintenance services to municipalities, school
districts, and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8
billion operations is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, and employ
more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states and 7
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive
to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Student, Euclid , Location Safety Manager, Executive , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!