Department Manager Metal Sorting
Posted on: February 6, 2024
We are a leading metal processing facility, dealing in mainly
precious metals. We are looking for a department manager for our
Sorting Department! This is a direct hire opportunity on our first
shift team! Job Description - Responsibilities
- The primary responsibility in this position involves the
verification of metal chemistry through sortation and analysis and
quality control of scrap metal inventory in a large metal recycling
- This will require the use of math and science skills to solve
different technical and analytical problems as well as improve
- This role involves addressing operational challenges and
integrating current methodologies with the development of new
practices, techniques, and systems in the sortation and
verification of material.
- Prepare reports, studies, and documentation, deliver
presentations, and participate in meetings.
- Adhere to production schedules and meet deadlines to fulfill
- Assist in inventory management as well as improvements to the
inventory system's control of data.
- Lean and Six Sigma project development and implementation.
- The ideal candidate must be capable of solving problems most
efficiently, should have excellent verbal and written communication
skills, and must have the ability to manage projects
- Self-starter with the drive to work quickly and
- Physical capability to stand for extended periods and perform
- Willingness to work overtime as needed to meet deadlines.
- The candidate must have strong coordination skills combined
with the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should have experience in working with multiple
teams/departments, including coordinating projects, communicating
well, and exercising initiative when presented with problems.
- 4 Year College degree is required. Preferred degree in
Engineering or Material Sciences.
Keywords: PPS-HPS, Euclid , Department Manager Metal Sorting, Executive , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!