Primary Care Practice - Medical Assistant
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 4, 2020
About UsAkron Children s Hospital is one of the largest
independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the
best children s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our
dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year
through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations
offering primary and specialty care.We are leading the way to
healthier futures for children and communities through expert
medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a
teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other
universities, we train new generations of pediatricians,
specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonWe are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Part Time 24 Hours per Week Rotating Saturdays
'The Office Medical Assistant CHPA provides specific clinical care
to designated patients. Responsibilities:
1. Reports to the Practice Manager and under the clinical
supervision and direction of a Physician provides specific clinical
care to designated patients.
2. Takes and records vital signs and weight/height.
3. Performs hearing and vision screening evaluations.
4. Performs phlebotomy, and obtains nasopharyngeal and other
specimens for testing.
5. Administers vaccines and medications, including antibiotics, as
directed by the physician according to policy and procedure.
6. Maintains the clinical and exam areas.
7. Documents test results on medical record.
8. Answers basic health care questions via phone for parents using
9. Performs other assigned tasks to promote efficient Practice
operation and contribute to the provision of quality patient
10. Assists with filing and appointment scheduling as needed and as
11. Other duties as required.
1. Experience working with all levels within an organization is
2. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
3. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Certification: Certified Medical Assistant preferred or
equivalent education, training, or experience including paramedics,
EMT or military training is required. BLS certification is
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Part Time FTE: 0.600000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: MEDICAL ASSISTANT Associated topics: care physician,
family, general practice, hospitalist, nocturnist, physician md,
physician md do, practice physician, urgent, urgent care
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Euclid , Primary Care Practice - Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!