Experienced Infusion RN - Ambulatory Cancer Center
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Provides professional nursing care to a specified group of
patients in a variety of ambulatory care settings.We are proud that
Hillcrest Hospital is a Magnet Hospital; the highest honor an
organization can receive for professional nursing practice. With
500 beds, we ensure our nursing caregivers have the tools they need
to grow both professionally and personally. With Shared Governance
and a Professional Practice Model, Cleveland Clinic ensures our
nurses have the authority and autonomy they need to care for their
patients.The Hillcrest Hospital Cancer Center offers an exciting
and rewarding work environment for those who have a passion to work
with patients diagnosed with cancer. Within the Cancer Center there
are multiple sub-departments, including: medical oncology;
radiation oncology; and, breast and plastics, gynecologic oncology.
Our Cancer Center encompasses a 24-chair, 3-bed infusion suite that
serves the needs of the oncology and hematology population, as well
as patients needing other general infusions.Nursing roles within
the Cancer Center include infusion, breast navigation, and care
coordination. Additionally, nurse practitioners are utilized in the
gynecology oncology department. Every department is also supported
by medical assistants and patient access clerical assistants. The
Cancer Center prides itself of having a multi-disciplinary team
approach for our patients. The nursing team works closely with
pharmacy, physicians, social work, art and music therapy, Nutrition
services, genetic counseling, and palliative medicine.Oncology is a
fast-paced, continually evolving specialty. Our caregivers often
find their passion by working and developing relationships with
patients and their families during a highly vulnerable time.Job
- Assess health status by completing a nursing assessment.-
- Performs telephone triage.-
- Notifies physician/LIP of abnormal findings.-
- Establishes a care plan in collaboration with the patient,
family, and health care team.
- Collaborates with care coordinators to ensure smooth and
effective transitions of care.
- Assists with specialized diagnostic and therapeutic
- Assist with specialized patient care equipment as required by
the clinical department and medical specialty assigned.-
- Administers medications and treatments as ordered by
physician/LIP and monitors patients for response.-
- Initiates CPR and other emergency measures. Covers other
nursing roles within the department
- Provides health education to patients and families.- Develops,
evaluates, adapts, and documents education to learning needs.-
Assists in preparation of the department specific education for
patients and colleagues.-
- Facilitates smooth operation of the ambulatory areas.
- Participates in quality initiatives, process improvements, and
research activities to improve patient outcomes, patient
experience, and patient safety.-
- Maintains professional growth and development in the nursing
field and identified annual core competencies.
- Some RN Ambulatory work may require travel within the region to
support physician clinics and surgical procedures in various
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.- BSN
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
- In areas performing moderate sedation procedures and/or cardiac
stress testing, must have current Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification
within 6 months of hire.Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Professional behavior/appearance required, ability to focus on
patient safety, teamwork, patient outcomes, patient experience and
- The ability to travel within Cleveland Clinic regional
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.Work Experience:
- Minimum one year recent experience as a Registered Nurse.
- If current Cleveland Clinic Caregiver in ambulatory Cleveland
Clinic setting transferring into a RN role but remaining in the
same current ambulatory Cleveland Clinic setting will consider
current LPN, Medical Assistant, and/or other unlicensed clinical
healthcare experience (e.g. Dialysis Tech., Ambulatory CT., in lieu
of RN experience,- or if current Cleveland Clinic Caregiver in a
clinical role within the same specialty area as ambulatory area
transferring into will consider current LPN, Medical Assistant, and
/or other unlicensed clinical healthcare experience(Dialysis Tech.
, Ambulatory CT., Inpatient PCNA, inpatient C.T., Inpatient LPN, in
lieu of RN experience.-- Current demonstrated clinical
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- May requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition
exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount,
a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or
standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting
most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg
controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production
rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of
materials even though the weight of those materials is
negligible.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Euclid , Experienced Infusion RN - Ambulatory Cancer Center, Healthcare , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!