RN - Cardiology and Heart Failure Stepdown
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Cleveland Clinic's J71, J72 and J73 Medical Cardiac Step-down
Units are dedicated to meeting the step-down needs of the medical
cardiac patient. Two of our units are equipped with 24 patient beds
and one unit features 25 beds, totaling 73 inpatient beds among the
three units.All patients within our Medical Cardiac Step-down Units
utilize telemetry monitoring. On a daily basis, our world-class
nurses care for interventional or PCI patients, those with angina
and/or myocardial infarction, heart failure patients and arrhythmia
patients needing medical therapy or EPS services such as temporary
or permanent pacemakers and ICD insertion, ablation
or-cardioversion. Our patient population also includes
pre-operative open heart surgery for CAD, aneurysms or faulty heart
values and pulmonary hypertension with Veletri.Since 1995, no
hospital in the country has ranked higher than Cleveland Clinic in
cardiac care. Each year, patients travel from all 50 states and 135
countries to Cleveland Clinic's Sydell and Arnold Miller Family
Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute for expert care and
exceptional outcomes.Provides direct nursing care in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
- Monitors and documents patient's condition and effectiveness
and timeliness of care and/or interventions.
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate
achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with approved nursing protocol.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant
others considering cultural issues and other special concerns.
- Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
- Validates and documents patient and family understanding of
- Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing
formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital
setting required for acute care settings.Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.Personal
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Euclid , RN - Cardiology and Heart Failure Stepdown, Healthcare , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!