Mammography Technologist (Various Locations)
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Provides mammography screening, diagnostic and interventional
procedures, and patient care services at defined levels to
patients. Maintains patient safety.Responsibilities:
- Reviews mammography requisition and computer exam forms to
determine the type of exam required.
- Accurately positions patients, determines the exposure factors
and operates mammography equipment according to established
procedures to obtain a high quality image.
- Reviews processed imaged to determine quality and the need for
- Educates patients regarding procedures, equipment and the exam
to ensure understanding and cooperation.
- Ensure patients' safety and comfort during and after the
- Acquires, archives, transmits, and prints images via CAD and
- Completes after hours transmission of images and appropriate
- Immediately reports any malfunctions to help desk and PACS
- Processes billing via RIS.
- Assists with all policies and procedures required by local,
state, and federal law, and with compliance or credentialing bodies
(ACR, MQSA, Medicare, Medicaid, FDA, etc.)
- Assists with instrument calibration and records to ensure
compliance with quality assurance requirements.
- Performs equipment checks to assure proper function of and
notifies clinical engineering of any equipment malfunctions.
- Ensures exam rooms are adequately supplied with linen and
related medical supplies.
- Provides teaching and mentoring to new hires and students.
- Continually strives to learn new technical information and
skills through attendance of periodic in-service programs and
participation in professional affiliation sessions.
- Potentially rotates through all diagnostic imaging modalities,
sites and/or locations.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic
- Must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American
Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(R) (ARRT), in good
- Certification in Mammography: R.T.(R) (M) (ARRT).
- Current state licensure (RL) required prior to employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.Complexity of
- Knowledge of anatomy and related pathologic processes.
- Ability to communicate well with Radiologists and physicians to
coordinate proper imaging of patients.
- Strong communication skills are essential to provide excellent
care to patients and families.
- Ability to function well with minimal or no direct
- Minimum one year experience as a General Radiologic
- Successful completion of 40 hours of mammography
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Must be able to lift or assist with lifting patients of varying
weight and manipulate equipment daily.Personal Protective
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Euclid , Mammography Technologist (Various Locations), Healthcare , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!