LPN Inpatient- Float Pool
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Works under the direction of a registered nurse or physician to
provide basic bedside care within prescribed limitations for
hospital patients of all ages.Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data
for analysis by an RN.
- Observes patients and reports any unusual conditions to
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse
reactions to medications or treatments.
- Performs routine laboratory tests.
- Provides education and information to patients and family
- Participates in the departmental orientation of new employees
in a positive manner, shares knowledge, experiences, and provides
guidance when assigned.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as outlined by
- Follows Code Blue protocol as per Clinic Policy.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of an accredited practical or vocational nursing
- Current Ohio License as an Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN M-IV)
certification upon hire.
- Basic Life Support(BLS) through American Heart Association
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.Work Experience:
- NON PRN - Three months of on the job training to become
familiar with policies, procedures, equipment, and techniques.
- LPN - PRN positions.
- Internal candidates must have a minimum of one year related
- External candidates must have two years recent and related
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual
finger dexterity with good eye-hand coordination.
- Involves extensive standing and walking.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Euclid , LPN Inpatient- Float Pool, Healthcare , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!