Ambulatory Surgical Pain RN
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Provides clinical nursing in the Ambulatory Surgery Center
(ASC). Provides for the efficient functioning of the ASC and for
personal and staff development.Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain courteous and cooperative relations with
patients and other users of the ASC.
- Oversees the clinical practice of nursing in the ASC including
assessing patient care needs and planning the delivery of care
utilizing the nursing process in a variety of settings.
- Directs other caregivers in providing patient care.
- Assumes charge responsibilities and resolves problems.
- Reports variances from standard practice to the Nurse
- Develops educational material and provides health education to
patients and families.
- Processes patients through the ASC.
- Assesses the level of personnel skills and the availability of
resources to meet established patient outcomes.
- Actively participates in attaining ASC goals and mission.
- Monitors and evaluates cost effective practices within the
- Participates in the development and utilization of quality
monitoring programs within the ASC.
- Responsible for personal and staff development by maintaining
- Completes all mandatory nursing competencies and educational
requirements within a defined time frame.
- Participates in the preparation of staff development programs.
Identifies self-learning needs, establishes personal and
professional goals to meet those needs and evaluates attainment of
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in
- Contributes to the positive atmosphere of the workplace.
- Interacts with patients, visitors and staff in a courteous,
- Demonstrates respect for the cultural and social differences
that exist among people.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding patient,
families and staff members.
- Resolves conflict in a positive manner.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.Certifications:
- Current state license as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) complete ACLS training successfully within 6
months of hire.
- If performing moderate/procedural sedation must have Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire.
- For those caring for pediatric population, completion of
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart
Association (AHA)Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Current demonstrated clinical proficiency.
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous and cooperative
relations with patients and other users of the ASC.Work Experience:
- One year of clinical experience as a RN in a perioperative or
critical care setting.
- Three years Surgical Technician experience may substitute for
the one year clinical RN experience.Physical Requirements:
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Euclid , Ambulatory Surgical Pain RN, Healthcare , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!