Patient Care Nurse Assistant
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: January 15, 2022
- Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental and
emotional conditions to RN.
- These may include but are not limited to vital signs, weights,
assisting patients with personal care and activities of daily
living, patient transfers/transport, pulse oximetry, point of care
testing, dressing changes, application of external monitoring
devices, and removal of urinary Foley Catheter.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean & orderly.
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with patients and
- Ability to read, write and speak English and to follow oral and
- Ability to perform basic clinical mathematics.
- Other duties as assigned. Competencies in both the
professional, technical and clinical knowledge domains must be
demonstrated in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
- Maintains personal growth and development through the ongoing
process of formal and informal education.Education:
- High School Diploma/GED.Certifications:
- State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) preferred.
- Successful -completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire
- Nursing students required to have Basic Life Support (BLS)
through American Heart Association (AHA) prior to hire.Complexity
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Demonstrates proficiency in applied mathematics & reading
comprehension at an 8th grade level.
- Nursing students who have recently completed a minimum of one
clinical rotation as part of an accredited nursing school program
may substitute the clinical rotation for the required
- Military experience as a Hospital Corpsman (HM), Combat Medic
(68W) or Medical Service Technician (4N0X1) will be
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual
finger dexterity with good eye-hand coordination; involves
extensive standing and walking.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Euclid , Patient Care Nurse Assistant, Healthcare , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!