Paramedic - Emergency Department [Full-time]
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 15, 2022
- Obtains and records vital signs.
- Perform EKGs.
- Performs CPR.
- Initiates cardiac monitoring, notifies RN and/or physician of
- Initiates oxygen therapy.
- Performs oral, nasal, and ET suctioning.
- Performs phlebotomy and initiates saline locks.
- Applies orthopedic appliances and simple splints.
- Sizes crutches and teaches crutch walking.
- Assists with equipment set-up, chest tubes, gastric lavage, LP,
- Assists with restraint and seclusion of patients and
application of restraint devices.
- Sitter to provide direct observation to patients as
- Transport patients as required: stable unmonitored and
monitored patients without titratable cardiovascular
- Transport specimens to lab when needed.
- Assists with sterile procedures and adhere to sterile
technique, universal precautions, and handling of hazardous
- Assists with cleaning and maintenance of supplies and
- Point of care testing as applicable.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients; respects patients'
dignity and right to privacy.
- Supports the concept of teamwork and demonstrates a
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- Completion of an accredited EMS-Paramedic training program.
- Current licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic
(EMTP) in the current State.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) required.
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) preferred.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department. Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action. Work Experience:
- One year experience as a EMT-P preferred.
- Clinical experience through a EMS Paramedic Training program
required. Physical Requirements:
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual
finger dexterity with good eye-hand coordination; involves
extensive standing and walking.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work. Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
- Provides duties that assist in providing patient care in the
emergency department under the direct supervision of a Registered
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Euclid , Paramedic - Emergency Department [Full-time], Healthcare , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!