RN New Grad- Surgical Services
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Participates in a residency core curriculum based on their
individual learning needs. Provides direct nursing care, alongside
a coach, in accordance with established policies, procedures and
protocols of the healthcare organization. Responsibilities:
- Participates in a residency core curriculum based on their
individual learning needs.
- Provides direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
- Establishes and/or revises priorities for patient care
activities based on the following: acuity of need, patient
preference, and resource availability.
- Initiates and/or maintains interventions to assure continuity
of safe/effective care for patients.
- Responds to data indicating risk to individual's health and
initiates action to correct, reduce, or prevent the risk.
- Seeks supervision, consultation, assistance when unable to
perform safely and independently.
- Complies with established hospital/department personnel
- Uses communication strategies in order to achieve desirable
- Documents in patient's medical record according to established
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional
- BSN preferred Certifications:
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification must
be presented upon hire or within first year of employment.
- Within one year of hire RNs in Children's Hospital and
Children's Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit RNs who must achieve and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation
Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA) provider
status and RNs in the Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and
maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American
Heart Association (AHA).
- ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 1 year of employment if
employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is
- If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year
of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC -
adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon
hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance
required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion
(CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification
upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central
Catheter (PICC) areas.
- Any registered nurse or advanced practice nurse must obtain a
cancer specific certification or demonstrate ongoing qualifying
education within the timeframe of the facilities accreditation
cycle, if they work in -medical oncology, radiation oncology,
-cancer center or cancer clinic and/or administer chemotherapy
within an accredited Cleveland Clinic facility. Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action. Work Experience:
- New grad or less than one year RN work experience or if
experience RN moving from non-inpatient to acute direct care
clinical inpatient setting with less than one year current acute
direct patient care RN experience. Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work. Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.Euclid Hospital is hiring New
Graduates for the following areas:- Orthopedic Surgery- General
Surgery- GYN Surgery- PodiatryThis position is eligible for the
Student Loan Repayment ProgramNot ready to apply, but have
questions about RN roles with Cleveland Clinic? Click Here to
schedule a time to speak with a Recruiter on the Nursing team:
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Euclid , RN New Grad- Surgical Services, Healthcare , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!