RN Hospital - PRN Acute Dialysis
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Cleveland Clinic Hillcrest Hospital's acute-care hemodialysis
unit is designed to provide inpatient hemodialysis care for acute
renal and chronic end-stage renal disease patients. Featuring
advanced medical technology, our unit encompasses telemetry
monitoring, hemodialysis machines and reverse osmosis machines.Our
hemodialysis unit follows a 'patient's first' methodology for care
delivery and we pride ourselves on our team atmosphere. Our nursing
caregivers often work with other nurses and technicians in
conjunction with nephrology practitioners. All of our nurses are
ACLS and BLS certified, have extensive telemetry knowledge and are
encouraged to become certified by either ANNA or BONENT.Not ready
to apply, but have questions about RN roles with Cleveland Clinic?
Click Here to schedule a time to speak with a Recruiter on the
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing
formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional
- BSN preferred.Certifications:
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) - through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification
must be presented upon hire or within first year of
- Within one year of hire RNs in Children's Hospital and
Children's Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit RNs who must achieve and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation
Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA) provider
status and RNs in the Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and
maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American
Heart Association (AHA).
- (ONS) Chemo/Bio course complete within 2 years of employment if
employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is
- If in an Adult/Combined EDs, Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA). upon hire or
within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC -
adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon
hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance
required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion
(CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification
upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central
Catheter (PICC) areas.
- Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- External applicants must have two years recent related nursing
- Internal applicants with less than two years' experience but
post orientation /90 day probationary period could be considered
with Chief Nursing Officer level review and approval.
- Successfully pass all prescreen competency assessments
- Will consider licensed military RN experience.Physical
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Keywords: dialysis, ICU, intensive care,
critical care, renal, hemodialysis, ICU, PRN, kidney,
nephrologyProvides direct nursing care in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Euclid , RN Hospital - PRN Acute Dialysis, Healthcare , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!