RN Ambulatory Cardiology
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: June 15, 2022
- Assess health status by completing a nursing assessment.
- Performs telephone triage.
- Notifies physician/LIP of abnormal findings.
- Establishes a care plan in collaboration with the patient,
family, and health care team.
- Collaborates with care coordinators to ensure smooth and
effective transitions of care.
- Assists with specialized diagnostic and therapeutic
- Assist with specialized patient care equipment as required by
the clinical department and medical specialty assigned.
- Administers medications and treatments as ordered by
physician/LIP and monitors patients for response.
- Initiates CPR and other emergency measures. Covers other
nursing roles within the department
- Provides health education to patients and families. Develops,
evaluates, adapts, and documents education to learning needs.
Assists in preparation of the department specific education for
patients and colleagues.
- Facilitates smooth operation of the ambulatory areas.
- Participates in quality initiatives, process improvements, and
research activities to improve patient outcomes, patient
experience, and patient safety.
- Maintains professional growth and development in the nursing
field and identified annual core competencies.
- Some RN Ambulatory work may require travel within the region to
support physician clinics and surgical procedures in various
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing. BSN
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
- In areas performing moderate sedation procedures and/or cardiac
stress testing, must have current Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification
within 6 months of hire.
- Any registered nurse or advanced practice nurse must obtain a
cancer specific certification or demonstrate ongoing qualifying
education within the timeframe of the facilities accreditation
cycle, if they work in medical oncology, radiation oncology, cancer
center or cancer clinic and/or administer chemotherapy within an
accredited Cleveland Clinic facility.Competencies (Complexity of
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Professional behavior/appearance required, ability to focus on
patient safety, teamwork, patient outcomes, patient experience and
- The ability to travel within Cleveland Clinic regional
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.Work Experience:
- Minimum one year recent experience as a Registered Nurse.
- If current Cleveland Clinic Caregiver in ambulatory Cleveland
Clinic setting transferring into a RN role but remaining in the
same current ambulatory Cleveland Clinic setting will consider
current LPN, Medical Assistant, and/or other unlicensed clinical
healthcare experience (e.g. Dialysis Tech., Ambulatory CT., in lieu
of RN experience, or if current Cleveland Clinic Caregiver in a
clinical role within the same specialty area as ambulatory area
transferring into will consider current LPN, Medical Assistant, and
/or other unlicensed clinical healthcare experience(Dialysis Tech.
, Ambulatory CT., Inpatient PCNA, inpatient C.T., Inpatient LPN, in
lieu of RN experience. Current demonstrated clinical
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- May requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition
exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount,
a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or
standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting
most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg
controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production
rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of
materials even though the weight of those materials is
negligible.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.Not ready to apply, but have
questions about RN roles with Cleveland Clinic? Click Here to
schedule a time to speak with a Recruiter on the Nursing team:
professional nursing care to a specified group of patients in a
variety of ambulatory care settings.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Euclid , RN Ambulatory Cardiology, Healthcare , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!