Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: June 17, 2022
- Participates in a residency curriculum based on surgery core
- Provides direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
- Establishes and revises priorities for patient care activities
based on; acuity of need, patient preference, and resource
- Initiates and maintains interventions to assure continuity of
safe and effective care for patients.
- Responds to data indicating risk to individual's health and
initiates action to correct, reduce, or prevent the risk.
- Seeks supervision, consultation, assistance when unable to
perform safely and independently.
- Complies with established hospital and department personnel
- Uses communication strategies that are intended to achieve
desirable outcomes and a perception of satisfaction by those
- Documents in patient's medical record according to established
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional
- BSN preferredCertifications:
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA)Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- New grad or less than one year RN work experience or if
experience RN moving from non-inpatient to acute direct care
clinical inpatient setting with less than one year current acute
direct patient care RN experience.Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.Featuring 10 operating suites,
Euclid Hospital's Department of Surgery is focused on
individualizing care for each and every patient depending on the
surgical procedure and specific needs of the surgeon. Our dedicated
caregiver team provides all patients with the education they need
related to the perioperative experience, including pre-operative
and post-operative care. We begin this education process with the
very first patient visit, providing educational materials
appropriate for the procedure being performed.
At Euclid Hospital, all disciplines of surgery are represented,
surgery, orthopedics, oral surgery, podiatry, vascular, gynecology,
urology, ophthalmology, and colorectal surgeries.
Full-time opportunities available for experienced and new
Not ready to apply, but have questions about RN roles with
Cleveland Clinic? Click Here to schedule a time to speak with a
Recruiter on the Nursing team:
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Euclid , RN Surgery, Healthcare , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!