Reg Radiology Technologist Surgery ($2,500 sign on bonus)
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 14, 2023
At Cleveland Clinic Health System, we believe in a better future
for healthcare. And each of us is responsible for honoring our
commitment to excellence, pushing the boundaries and transforming
the patient experience, every day.
We all have the power to help, heal and change lives - beginning
with our own. That's the power of the Cleveland Clinic Health
System team, and The Power of Every One.
Reg Radiology Technologist Surgery ($2,500 sign on bonus)
Join Cleveland Clinic Hospital where research and surgery are
advanced, technology is leading-edge, patient care is world-class,
and caregivers are family. Cleveland Clinic is a top ranked
hospital in the United States. At Cleveland Clinic, you will work
alongside passionate and dedicated caregivers, receive endless
support and appreciation, and build a rewarding career with one of
the most respected healthcare organizations in the world.
As a Registered Radiology Technologist, you will perform radiology
exams and procedures on patients of all ages. Your primary duties
- Performing general radiology, portable, and fluoroscopic
- Assisting with scheduling patient procedures.
- Educating patients regarding the procedures, equipment, and
examination to ensure comfort and understanding.
- Document and notify management of any malfunctions of
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Currently is a Registered Technologist by The American Registry
of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(R) (ARRT).
- Currently has a Basic Life Support certificate.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Has knowledge of human anatomy.
- Functions well under minimal supervision and in stressful
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth,
delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning,
exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers
many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where
opportunities to advance and the support to get there go
- Performs ED/surgical procedures (trauma cases, fluoroscopic
exams to include vascular, general medicine, ortho, cardiac, GI,
GU, neuro, pediatrics, and general procedures).
- Produces images of optimal quality for interpretation with
accuracy and without delay.
- Performs procedures in a sterile environment and maintains
patient safety at all times.
- Provides verbal and written instructions to patients and
families on procedures as needed.
- Assist in scheduling patients. Monitors and determines priority
- Ensures patients' safety and comfort during and after the
- Demonstrates the care and operation of Radiography equipment
according to technical specifications and applications.
- Assists Radiologists, physicians and surgeons with
- Knowledgeable in acquiring, archiving, transmitting, and
printing images via PACS.
- When applicable, knowledge in after hours transmission of
images and appropriate paperwork.
- Immediately reports any malfunctions to the help desk and PACS
- Knowledgeable in billing via RIS.
- Maintains documentation requirements to ensure that all
technical data is entered timely and accurately.
- Notifies management and takes proper action to address
- Provides instruction/mentoring to new hires and Radiology
- Continually strives to learn new technical information and
skills through attendance of periodic in-service programs and
participation in professional affiliation sessions.
- May be required to rotate through all diagnostic imaging
modalities and locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic
- Must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American
Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(R) (ARRT), in good
- Current state licensure (RL) required prior to employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Complexity of Work:
- Knowledge of anatomy and related pathologic processes.
- Ability to communicate well with Radiologists and physicians to
coordinate proper imaging of patients.
- Strong communication skills are essential to provide excellent
care to patients and families.
- Ability to function well in minimal or no direct
- Minimum one year experience as a General Radiologic
Technologist is preferred.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Must be able to lift or assist with lifting patients of varying
weight and manipulate equipment daily.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Radiology Tech, X-Ray tech, Imaging, ARRT
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our caregivers and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. All offers of employment are follwed by testing for
controlled substances and nicotine. All new caregivers must clear a
nicotine test within their 90-day new hire period. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after one year.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention
program. You will be required to comply with this program, which
will include obtaining an influenza vaccination on an annual basis
or obtaining an approved exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Euclid , Reg Radiology Technologist Surgery ($2,500 sign on bonus), Healthcare , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!