Clinical Systems Engineer (Full-Time) (Seville,OH)
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: May 21, 2019
Akron Children s Hospital is one of the largest independent
pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children
s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff
serves nearly 800,000 patient visits per year through our 2
hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary
and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and
communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention
and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio
Medical University and other universities, we train new generations
of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason We are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Shift Information: Day Job
M-F. 7a-3p. Flexibility
The Clinical Systems Engineer coordinates an organization-wide
program to insure the effective deployment, integration and support
of interconnected medical systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains current inventory of networked and integrated medical
systems (including catalog of services, features,
- Conducts capital and service contract pre-purchase evaluations,
researches vendors and assesses cost of ownership.
- Coordinates security management process including risk (e.g.,
criticality and probability) and vulnerability analysis and related
documentation associated with interconnected/integrated medical
- Coordinates with stakeholders a process to prioritize, develop
and implement plan to manage/mitigate identified risks associated
with interconnected/integrated medical systems by applying
appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards.
- Maintains the integrity of FDA approval for
interconnected/integrated medical systems.
- Works with stakeholders to insure effective deployment,
integration, and support of new medical systems into legacy systems
and non-medical elements of the organization s information
- Works to assure systems are deployed into an optimum (i.e.,
secure & supportive) environment
- Continually reviews system components to determine which are
obsolete or otherwise no longer adequately supportable and
- Plans for and implements component upgrades/replacement in a
- Identifies and manages appropriate software upgrades, security
patches and anti-virus installs for interconnected/integrated
medical systems according to industry best practices.
- Conducts Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Failure Mode Effects
Analysis (FMEA) on incidents involving integrated medical systems
and reports findings to appropriate stakeholders for follow-up
- Monitors and adopts industry best practices to insure
integrity, availability & confidentiality of data maintained and
transmitted across interconnected and integrated medical
- Educates stakeholders on security and other implications
associated with the proliferation of interconnected and integrated
- Supervises clinical engineering and other staff as necessary in
clinical systems integration and infrastructure support (e.g.,
hybrid reporting structure, project supervision).
- Works with stakeholders:
- Information Services (including network support, disaster
- Clinicians (system users including physicians, nurses,
- Medical system manufacturers/vendors.
- Risk management.
- Information Security.
- Procurement/purchasing/materials management.
- Clinical Engineering.
- Other duties as required. Keywords: Network Engineer
- Bachelors degree in Biomedical (or related) or Clinical
Engineering (Master s preferred).
- 5-10 years experience in clinical engineering and information
- Project management and planning skills/experience.
- Strong communication and team building skills across functional
- Certification (completed or in process) preferred in one or
more of the following:
- Certified Clinical Engineer (CCE)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) by
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Network
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) or Engineer
- In-depth knowledge of Joint Commission and other applicable
standards and regulations. Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal
Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans,
and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain,
maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, system engineer,
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Euclid , Clinical Systems Engineer (Full-Time) (Seville,OH), Healthcare , Seville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!