Back-End Software Developer (Remote)
Company: The Lincoln Electric Company
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality
welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to
complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are
committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to
foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers.
Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is
immense. Req. ID:--20164-- PURPOSE:--This position is responsible
for planning, designing, and developing customer facing web
applications for industrial IoT solutions with a heavy focus on
back-end systems in Microsoft Azure.-- The IoT solutions will focus
on productivity and performance indicators, traceability of
production operations, and machine learning models using data
collected from welding, cutting, and robotic systems.--
Responsibilities will include the development of back-end
applications, creation of internal and external APIs, database
schema design and database operations. JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND
- Develop back-end Java applications using SQL/MySQL databases
and common tools including Eclipse, Swagger, Postman, Docker
Containers, and Kubernetes.
- Design and write software using various languages; primarily
Java and secondly C#.-- Work with server-side infrastructure in
Microsoft Azure while learning to use new tools and libraries.
- Write unit tests as part of the development process to ensure
consistent functionality throughout the application lifecycle.
- Manage development tasks with an Agile Methodology, standard
Sprint cycles, and Microsoft DevOps. --Plan development tasks
according to requirements and estimate the effort required for
- Collect and collaborate on functional specifications to create
overall requirements.-- Assist with the creation of design
documents, user stories, and testing documents; considers future
requirements and possibilities in line with the vision for Lincoln
software applications; design software and architecture with this
vision in mind.
- Complete software projects under the direction of senior
developers or manages a group of individuals for specific
- Interface and assist with external resources to enhance
- Interface with customers (internal and external) to assist with
problem solving, debugging field problems, and defining new
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in
support of the Company---s 2025 Strategy. BASIC REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor---s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer
Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of five year---s previous experience.
- Fluent in multiple code languages such as Java, C#, and SQL.--
Expert capabilities in Java are required.
- Experience building back-end web applications using SQL/MySQL,
REST services, and Apache Tomcat.-- Preferred experience with
Docker, Swagger, Postman, and Flyway support tools.
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Azure and Kubernetes.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks across projects.
- Established communication skills verbally and in writing.
- Ability to ramp up quickly on new tools and resources.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, protected veteran status or disability. Lincoln Electric is a
$2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees
around the world. --With operations in over 40 manufacturing
locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this
partnership and poised to grow with our customers.-- As a part of
that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of
innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of
the solution to the world---s challenges. --It is a great time to
be part of the welding industry! Lincoln Electric does not accept
unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. --Resumes
submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed
vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will
become property of Lincoln Electric. --Verbal or written
commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be
considered binding terms. --Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to
any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting
activity through the Recruiting Department. Employment Status:
Salary Full-Time-- Function:--Research & Development-- Section:
--Lincoln Cleveland (US10)-- EOE,--including
Keywords: The Lincoln Electric Company, Euclid , Back-End Software Developer (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!