Software Developer (Robotic Metal Additive Manufacturing)
Company: Lincoln Electric
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality
welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to
complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are
committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to
foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers.
Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is
immense.Req. ID:19918PURPOSE: Implementation and maintenance of
robot additive and subtractive software.JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND
- Develop, troubleshoot, and debug software algorithms and data
structures for converting part geometry into executable robot
- Develop, troubleshoot, and debug 3D and 2D visualizations that
communicate complex physics and geometry to the manufacturing
- Provide time and memory efficient algorithms for processing
geometry and physics calculations.
- Assist in integrating the software with cloud services.
- Perform manual software testing and log detailed, reproducible
- Participate in agile software planning and management
- Implement and maintain automated regression testing scripts on
- Assist in enhancing development operations such as continuous
integration and deployment when called upon.
- Write documentation on software features and algorithms.
- Assist production team with path planning and part validation
- Fix and verify bugs and defects.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in
support of the Companys 2025 Strategy.BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, or other
- Minimum 0-1 years of engineering experience working software
- Interest or experience in modern 3D graphics API such as OpenGL
4.6 or Direct3D 11
- Interest or experience optimizing software through
multi-threading using toolkits such as Intel Threading Building
- Prefer experience with windows UI development with .Net and
- Prefer experience with nVidias CUDA Toolkit.
- Prefer knowledge of additional software languages such as C#
- Prefer experience complying with free for commercial use open
- Interest and experience working in moderate sized teams of
highly skilled personnel.
- Prefer experience with source code control using GIT.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and
- Works effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments
simultaneously. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.Lincoln
Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over
10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40
manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to
continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.As
a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new
generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with
being part of the solution to the worlds challenges. It is a great
time to be part of the welding industry!Lincoln Electric does not
accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes
submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed
vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will
become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments
from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered
binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any
third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting
activity through the Recruiting Department.Employment Status:
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)EOE,including
Keywords: Lincoln Electric, Euclid , Software Developer (Robotic Metal Additive Manufacturing), IT / Software / Systems , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!