Storeroom MRO Buyer
Company: Sonepar USA
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Position Summary:Vallen's Buyers are responsible for purchasing
products, goods and materials (stock and/or non-stock) that meet
the organization's standards of price, quality, timing, and
reliability of supply. A Buyer may be procuring product in support
of a Vallen distribution center, warehouse, an assigned client,
and/or an assigned vendor. Essential Job Duties and
- Perform procurement activities to ensure the organization's
current and anticipated demand for products and materials (stock
and non-stock) are met and in alignment with Vallen's purchasing
- Review and approve assigned inventory forecasts produced by the
- Review and approve daily replenishment recommendations produced
by the GAINS application.
- Assess existing orders to determine action for expediting or
de-expediting for optimal delivery.
- Place purchase requisitions and vendor orders.
- Monitor the quality and timeliness of products and materials
supplied; may coordinate the return of damaged goods and/or
- Negotiate and coordinate vendor returns for aging, expired, or
excess inventory; coordinate other liquidation activities as
- Follow-up on the status of purchase orders with vendors to
ensure timely delivery; and communicate status of orders with
internal and/or external customers.
- Communicates with vendors to resolve problems with timeliness
and product quality.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with one or more
suppliers, vendors, internal or external customers.
- Research and resolve account payables nonconformance with
suppliers. Job Qualifications:Bachelor's degree in a related field
(e.g., Business, Finance, etc.) or equivalent experience. 1+ years
of experience in the field of Procurement preferred. CPM
certification preferred. Other relevant experience includes:
- Excellent customer service.
- Computer skills and aptitude to learn Vallen's Enterprise
Resource Planning (ERP) and Inventory Management applications;
GAINS experience preferred.
- Mathematical aptitude for basic calculations.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, organizational and
- Proficiency with MS-Office products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Work
Environment (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.):
- Long periods of time working on a computer and performing
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is
required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and
walk. The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move
up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. About Vallen is
an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions
and services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance,
repair, operating, production, safety and electrical products to
meet the growing supply needs of customers in facilities across
North America and around the world. Vallen is headquartered in
Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of , part of the global family.Stay
up to date with Vallen, follow us on and ,What are the
Benefits?401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision),
Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible
Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance
Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive
career path.EOE M/F/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Sonepar USA, Euclid , Storeroom MRO Buyer, Other , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!