Bearing Cell Tech $34.32-$35.22/hour
Company: BWX Technologies
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc.
(NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to
the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to
support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities
and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision
manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial
nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,250employees, BWXT has
eleven (11) major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In
addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at
more thana dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities.
Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Bearing Cell Technician - BWX Technologies, Inc. -
Set up, process, and inspect bearings & bearing components by
utilizing manual and numerically controlled milling, turning, EDM
and grinding equipment. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
- Generate, assemble and inspect bearings and bearing
- Verify and inspect all features using appropriate inspection
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, operating sheets,
sketches and other related technical data to determine tooling
requirements, setup procedures, control settings and machining
method and sequences.
- Mounts, aligns and secures tooling, attachments and work piece
- Selects and installs cutting tools in machine
- Loads control media such as tape, card or disk in machine
controller or enters commands to retrieve programmed instructions
- Calculates and sets machine controls to position spindle in
relationship to work in piece and to regulate factors such as
cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Inputs either through automatic download of manually, all SPC
information as defined by the engineering community to establish
and maintain process controls.
- Starts machine and monitors displays and machine operation to
detect malfunctions or deviations.
- Stops machine to change cutting tools and setup according to
required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to
- Enters commands or manually adjusts machine controls to correct
malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Operates machine manually to perform non-automated functions
and when automatic programming is faulty or machine
- Discusses control media errors with supervisor or programming
personnel to resolve problems.
- Cleans machine, tooling and parts.
- Performs machine maintenance, housekeeping and other duties as
assigned by supervision.
- Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods, processes,
tools, gages and fixtures.
- Ability to setup and operate Manual and CNC Milling, Turning
and Grinding equipment.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment, fixtures
- Capable of being trained to develop N/C programs during setup
utilizing "M" code, "G" code, Mazatrol, or Esprit software for
- Meet all contractual quality requirements including inspection
methods and techniques required to meet final blueprint
- Must have ability to train other technicians on Manual and CNC
- Ability to move material and racks.
- Two (2) years of set-up and operation of CNC Milling, Turning
and Grinding equipment.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Ability to demonstrate CNC control abilities including; editing
speeds, feeds, tool offsets and fixture offsets on milling,
turning, EDM and grinding equipment.
- Capable of being able to develop NC programs during set-ups
utilizing "G" code, "M" code, mazatrol, or esprit software for
- Demonstrate above CNC abilities on a test piece.
- Read and interpret complex blueprints and interpret geometric
tolerancing per ANSI Y14.5.
- Demonstrate the use of various measuring instruments including:
dial bore gages, indicator snap gages, verniers, and .0001
- Possess skills necessary to maintain accurate documentation and
the ability to follow complicated procedures and document
- Possess the knowledge and ability to use multi axis grinding
contouring as well as grinding wheel dressing and grit/size
selection to ensure that tight tolerances meet
- Own applicable personal tools.
BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) embraces diversity of thought,
values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides
equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status,
genetic information, or any other category protected by federal,
state, and/or local law.
Keywords: BWX Technologies, Euclid , Bearing Cell Tech $34.32-$35.22/hour, Other , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!