CS/Lead Respiratory Therapist
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Job Details Provides managerial and clinical leadership to the
staff of the Respiratory Therapy Department within designated
specialty area while performing the duties of a Registered
Respiratory Therapist. Open to Euclid Only - Interdepartmental
- Provides clinical and managerial leadership to the respiratory
staff as designated by departmental management
- Monitors daily operations of assigned areas and acts as a
resource person for staff
- Assigns therapist workload and adjusts staffing based on
- Participates in continuous quality improvement
- Provides feedback on staff performance
- Assists with development and implementation of Respiratory
- Acts as a Respiratory Care liaison by developing/maintaining
communication with the multidisciplinary care team.
- Assists with developing and providing ongoing
orientation/training for newly hired therapists, existing staff,
nursing and LIPs.
- At sites where applicable, the employee will perform blood gas
puncture and analysis.
- If the employee is designated as a Technical Consultant by the
blood gas Laboratory Director, the employee must meet minimum
qualifications as specified by the CLIA code of federal
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate's Degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Graduate of an accredited program in Respiratory Therapy
- Associate's Degree required
- Diploma and/or transcripts must be provided for validation
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the NBRC.
- Licensure by the Ohio Respiratory Care Processional (RCP)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA)), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) through American Heart
Association (AHA), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through
American Heart Association (AHA), Pediatric Advanced Life Support
(PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA), and/or certified
as a Neonatal Pediatric Specialist (NPS) (as appropriate to
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Respiratory Therapy
including critical care or a specialty environment is required or
must possess a Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience in
Respiratory Therapy including critical care or a specialty
- Requires good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Requires normal hearing and vision or corrected to normal
- May require sitting, standing and walking for extensive periods
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Euclid , CS/Lead Respiratory Therapist, Other , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!