CNC Mill/Turn Machine Operator $34.60-$35.50/hour (Pipeline)
Posted on: June 6, 2021
At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong,
Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides
safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean
energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space
exploration. With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major
operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole
manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and
aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured
components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power
industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide
environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more
than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT's
technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production
in North America and microreactors for various defense and space
applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at
CNC Mill/Turn Machine Operator - BWX Technologies, Inc. -
Sets up, operates and inspects multiple conversational and CNC
machining centers to perform machine functions such as cutting,
drilling, milling, turning and boring of alloy and non-alloy work
pieces by performing the following duties, plus all lower codes per
- Setup and operate multiple machines.
- Verify and inspect all features using appropriate inspection
- Reads and interprets blueprints, operating sheets, sketches,
and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup
procedures, control settings, and machining methods and
- Mounts, aligns and secures tooling, attachments, and work piece
- Selects and installs cutting tools in machine.
- Enters commands to retriece preprogrammed instructions from
- Calculates and sets machine controls to position spindle in
relationship to work piece and to regulate factors such as cutting
depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Inputs either through automatic download of manually, all SPC
information as defined by the engineering community to establish
and maintain process controls.
- Starts machine and monitors displays and machine operation to
detect malfunctions or deviations.
- Stops machine to change cutting tools and setup according to
required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to
- Enters commands or manually adjusts machine controls to correct
malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Operates machine manually to perform non automated functions
and when automatic programming is faulty or machine
- Discusses control media errors with supervisor or programming
personnal to resolve problems.
- Cleans machine, tools, and parts.
- Performs machine maintenance, housekeeping and other duties as
assigned by supervision.
- Performs grinding function as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- Two (2) years of set-up and operation of CNC Milling and
- Demonstrate CNC control abilities, including editing speeds,
feeds, tool offsets, and fixture offsets on both milling and
- Demonstrate above average CNC milling abilities on a test
- Read and interpret geometric tolerancing per ANSI Y14.5
- Demonstrate use of various measuring instruments including dial
bore gages, indicator snap gages, verniers, and .0001
- Possess skills necessary to maintain accurate documentation and
the ability to follow complicated procedures and document
- Own applicable personal tools.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required
to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel,
crouch, crawl and talk to hear. The employee is occasionally
required to lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal
Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure
that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation,
career development, benefits company-sponsored training and social
recreational programs are administered without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: BWXT, Euclid , CNC Mill/Turn Machine Operator $34.60-$35.50/hour (Pipeline), Other , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!