Hospital Safety Officer - Weekend Nights
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Details Under the direct supervision of the Police
Supervisor and guidance of Nursing Leadership, the Hospital Safety
Officer is responsible for protecting patients, visitors, employees
and hospital property. The Hospital Safety Officer rounds in
Behavioral Health Units, Emergency Departments, and other assigned
areas and is responsible for engaging patients, and promoting a
safe and therapeutic environment while working in collaboration
with department clinical staff.
This position is for a part-time, weekend, 3rd shift role. The
schedule is Saturday 7:00pm-7:30am and Sunday 7:00pm-7:30am. This
position may occasionally be asked to cover shift during the week
- Continuous visibility and rounding throughout assigned areas to
promote positive perception of safety for all patients, visitors
- Ability to identify Patients at Risk and provide necessary
clinical and security notifications.
- Attends to escalating incidents. Identifies issues and acts
appropriately to eliminate safety hazards. Assists in re-direction
and de-escalation of patient situations. Works to prevent
aggressive behavior, seclusion, and restraint by utilizing the
least restrictive methods, as indicated by N.A.P.P.I., (Non-Abusive
Psychological and Physical Intervention) training.
- Intervenes in patient, visitor and/or staff confrontations as
appropriate using least restrictive methods, as indicated by
N.A.P.P.I., (Non-Abusive Psychological and Physical Intervention)
- Assists staff with processing new admissions by assisting with
safety search and inventory of belongings. Ensures all patients
have been screened via magnetometer or wanding as appropriate.
- First responder to patient threats of violence.
- Participates in safety rounds with Emergency Department and/or
Behavioral Health Unit staff.
- Completes appropriate documentation of various incidents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of private police training as approved by
O.P.O.T.C., (Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission) Security
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Ability to successfully complete training as required by the
- Two years of customer service experience is required.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent and an additional two
years of prior experience within a behavioral health, hospital,
security, or other related setting may offset the education.
- Requires extensive walking, standing, sitting, talking,
listening, and documenting when directing or investigating
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Euclid , Hospital Safety Officer - Weekend Nights, Other , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!