Meat Cutter II FT
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Meat Cutter ensures the store's meat department operates at
the standards set by the company, driving sales and maximizing
profitability. The Meat Cutter delivers the highest level of
customer service and satisfaction by following the company's meat
merchandising plan and trimming /preparing standard cuts of meat as
outlined in the Meat Cutter Resource Manual.. The Meat Cutter
demonstrates excellent teamwork, interpersonal skills, and
commitment to the success of the team.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for leading the performance of the meat department
to achieve and exceed business metric goals. Responsibilities
include product ordering, merchandising, productivity and
maintaining control of shrink to meet company and business unit
- Responsible to coach and train others who complete meat related
tasks within the meat department.
- Sets and executes all work priorities and directs the
assignment of individual tasks within the meat department including
Meat Cutter I, Perishable Leads and Clerks. Responsible for
enforcing meat policies and procedures within assigned store.
- Using knives and power equipment, cuts and/or packages
authorized beef, pork and poultry items according to Save-A-Lot
policies and procedures.
- Ensures that displays and case signs are updated appropriately
and that meat is merchandise and presented to maximize sales.
- Maintains proper date rotation for dated and undated products
per Save-A-Lot policy, both in the display case and in the storage
- Prepares and places meat cuts and products in display counter
according to company policy & procedures so they will appear
attractive and appealing to the customers.
- Wraps, weighs and prices cuts of meat.
- Labels packages according to COOL, USDA and Save-A-Lot
- Receives, inspects, and stores meat upon delivery, to maintain
cold chain and ensure meat quality.
- Ensures excellent sanitation and quality standards are met on a
daily basis and adhered to per Save-A-Lot policy.
- Responsible to follow and execute all SAVE-A-LOT policies and
procedures which includes but is not limited to: COOL, Food Safety,
Sanitation, Meat/Produce Scale operation, Mark Downs, Inventory
Processes, Meat POG's, Meat Cutter Resource Manual, Daily Manager
Signoff and Meat Cutting List.
- Responsibilities may include other perishable and
non-perishable related duties necessary to maintain optimal store
- Protect company property, funds and merchandise at all
- May be assigned to work in more than one store.
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills
- Must be 18 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year of previous experience cutting meat including using
hand tools and power equipment, such as knives, slicers, grinders,
cubing machine and power saw preferred
- Successful completion of Save-A-Lot Meat Cutter Training
Program within 3 weeks
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Must be dependable and flexible
- Must adhere to uniform dress code
- Most work is performed in a temperature controlled environment
with a standa
Keywords: Save-A-Lot, Euclid , Meat Cutter II FT, Other , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!