Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT)
is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S.
government; provides technical, management and site services to
support governments in the operation of complex facilities and
environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision
manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear
power industry. BWXT has more than 5,200 employees and significant
operations in Lynchburg, Va.; Erwin, Tenn.; Mount Vernon, Ind.;
Euclid, Ohio; Barberton, Ohio; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as
more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the
country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
NC Programmer - BWX Technologies, Inc -- Euclid, OH
The purpose of this position is to perform engineering
assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic
engineering principles, while following specific procedures,
standards and methods.
- Develop and maintain process planning to manufacture
challenging hardware to meet schedules.
- Generate SAP routings including all steps of the manufacturing
- Resolve operational challenges; generate tool layouts and other
- Perform engineering studies and analysis to reduce defects,
spans, and improve hardware quality.
- Support shop floor via troubleshooting activities to assure
minimal deviations and downtime.
- Interact with shop floor support, quality engineering, product
engineering, planning etc.
- Participate in R&D projects by providing technical support
to assure prototypical hardware meets guidelines.
- Assist in technical training of new hires.
- Minor business travel may be required.
Job Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in an applicable field is
- Manufacturing/machining background preferred.
- SAP and Pro-E/Man experience is preferred.
- NC programming capability is preferred.
- Strong verbal and technical writing skills.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to
classified information or matter. Position requires U.S.
Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and
maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which
involves an extensive criminal and financial background
investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal
Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure
that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation,
career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social
recreational programs are administered without regard to race,
color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age,
disability or veteran status.