Medical Technologist / MLT - Full time Nights
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Job Details Cleveland Clinic is offering a $2,500 sign on bonus
(external new hires). Diploma and transcripts must be provided
prior to interviewing. Education will be verified. Education
outside of the USA requires diploma & transcripts translated into
English and proof of foreign equivalency from a reputable agency.
Performs and interprets tests at all complexity levels.
Demonstrates an understanding of the theory and scientific
principles of laboratory testing as well as the technical,
procedural and problem solving aspects. Correlates abnormal
laboratory data with pathological states, determines the validity
of test results and the need for additional tests. Determines the
validity of test results through the monitoring and/or verifying of
quality controls, standards, etc. Communicates test results,
reference ranges, specimen requirements, and other pertinent
information to authorized sources.
- Follows the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and
processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of
patient test results.
- Performs laboratory testing in a compliant manner.
- Maintains regulatory knowledge and awareness as it pertains to
specific job duties.
- Adheres to the laboratory's quality control policies, document
all quality control activities, instrument and procedural
calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Assumes responsibility for and takes action regarding any
quality control or quality assurance issues as it pertains to
specific job duties.
- Maintains instruments and equipment in accordance with
- Assumes responsibility for good documentation practices and
maintains clear and legible records.
- Performs proficiency testing in compliance with Clinical
Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) regulations i.e. analyze
proficiency survey sample in the same manner as a patient
specimens, no communication with other CLIA laboratories, complete
record retention and accurate documentation and result
- Assumes responsibility for participation in continuing
education, professional development and required annual competency
- Follows the laboratory's established policies and procedures
whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established
acceptable levels of performance.
- Identifies problems that may adversely affect test performance
or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems
or immediately notify the General Supervisor, Technical Supervisor,
Clinical Consultant, or Laboratory Director.
- Exercises good judgment, analytical and problem
- Recommends solutions and improvements.
- Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems
deviate from the laboratory's established performance
- May function in an educator and provides instruction and
training in theory, technical skills, safety protocols, and the
application of laboratory test protocols to students, employees,
- Coordinates prioritization, receipt and delivery of laboratory
- Verifies accurate documentation relative to specimen
- Accepts or rejects specimens according to established
- Performs data entry.
- Prepares specimens for analysis; aliquots, transports and
- Maintains tracking information for specimens.
- Maintains instrumentation and equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance and record keeping
- Maintain cleanliness of instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains appropriate workstation supplies and inventory.
- Maintains patient, specimen and tracking data using laboratory
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in a laboratory science, or medical laboratory
technology from an accredited institution.
- Have education and training equivalent to associate degree in a
laboratory science, or medical laboratory technology from an
accredited institution per CLIA qualifications for high complexity
- See Code of Federal Regulations, Title 42, 493.1489(b)(2)(ii)
Standard; High Complexity Testing Personnel Qualifications.
- Diploma and/or transcripts must be provided.
- Education will be verified.
- Education outside of the United States requires
diploma/transcripts translated into English and proof of foreign
equivalency from by an HHS approved agency or nationally recognized
organization such as NACES (National Association Credential
Evaluation Services, Inc) or AICE (Association of International
Credential Evaluators, Inc).
- If the required laboratory training and experience occurred at
an outside facility, a signed, official letter from the facility or
organization is required which details the dates and laboratory
discipline experience and training.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Physical demands include: Visual acuity to study specimens
under a microscope.
- The ability to distinguish colors.
- Fine motor skills and manual dexterity to handle specimens and
lab equipment required to process specimens and repair
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
- Light lifting may be required.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, biohazards, radioactive
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Medical Technologist, MLT, MLS, MT, ASCP, AMT,
laboratory, lab, testing, pathology
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Euclid , Medical Technologist / MLT - Full time Nights, Other , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!