MRI Technologist (Various Locations)
Company: cleveland clinic
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Performs MRI exams and procedures on patients of all ages.
Maintains patient safety.Responsibilities:
- Prepares and checks patients prior to MRI procedure.
- Acquires and reviews patient questionnaire, chart and
data/requisition to determine contraindication of having MRI
- Verifies and validates patient screening safety form.
- Performs MRI procedures required per protocol and performs
- Performs VNA punctures and maintains competencies.
- Educates patients regarding MRI procedures, equipment and
- Ensures patients' comfort and safety during and after the
- Assists with scheduling of patients.
- Administers proper contrast related to patient having MRI
- Acquires, archives, transmits and prints images via PACS.
- Completes after hours transmission of images and appropriate
- Immediately reports any malfunctions and observes potential
equipment dysfunctions and reports problems or calls for
- Maintains available equipment up-time at the highest level for
- Processes billing via RIS.
- Instructs and mentors new hires and Radiology students.
- Learns new technical information and skills.
- Attends in-service programs and professional affiliation
- Potentially rotates through all imaging modalities, sites,
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Must have one of the following: Graduate of an AMA approved
school of Radiologic Technology, graduate of an accredited school
in Sonography or Radiation Therapy, or possess a Bachelor's Degree
in Nuclear Medicine Technology or certification from CAHEA approved
Nuclear Medicine Technology training program.Certifications:
- Must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American
Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(R) (ARRT), or
R.T.(S)(ARRT), or R.T.(T)(ARRT), in good standing. Or must be a
Registered Technologist credentialed by The American Registry of
Radiologic Technologists R.T.(N) (ARRT) in good standing or be a
Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (CNMT) through the Nuclear
Medicine Technology Certification Board. Note: ARDMS and NMTCB are
- Certification in Magnetic Resonance Imaging: R.T.(MR)(ARRT)
required within one year of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.Complexity of
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and related pathologic
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills are required to
provide excellent care to patients and families.
- Ability to function well with minimal or no direct
- Minimum one year experience as a General Radiologic
Technologist or experience in other imaging modalities
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Must be able to lift or assist with lifting patients of varying
weight and manipulate equipment daily.
- Requires frequent pushing and pulling of equipment up to 75
pounds.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: cleveland clinic, Euclid , MRI Technologist (Various Locations), Other , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!