Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 6, 2022
- Transports patients to and from clinical, ancillary and support
areas via wheelchair, stretcher or beds as requested, including
patients with oxygen tanks, intravenous pumps, drips and special
- Transfers patients to or from beds, wheelchairs or stretchers,
- Transports patients during discharge to hospital lobby and
- Ensures proper oxygen levels in tanks before transporting
- Approaches and offers assistance to patients and visitors in
the hospital environment.
- Communicates to nursing personnel, clinicians, technicians or
reception regarding patient's arrival and departure.
- Verifies and confirms standard precautions and correct patient
identification by comparing information from pager and patient
wristband to obtain correct medical chart and verify proper mode of
- Disinfects and maintains equipment throughout the hospital.
Performs environmental and safety checks then documents
- Identifies malfunctioning ambulatory equipment and reports it
to the appropriate department for repair or replacement.
- Moves and delivers equipment and linen carts to the appropriate
staging area and depots.
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Certifications:
- None required. Complexity of Work:
- Requires organizational, decisive judgment, problem solving,
communications, good customer service skills and the ability to
work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, be able to work in a
stressful environment and take appropriate actions as needed. Work
- After selection and placement, requires three months on-the-job
training and orientation to learn multiple hospital and clinic
locations, special procedures and patient emergency and safety
procedures, proper body mechanics necessary to safely move
patients. Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling of
patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye/hand
- Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing to normal
- Requires working with some exposure to communicable
- Medium work-exerting 20-50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or
10-25 lbs. of force frequently and/or 10 lbs. of force constantly
to move objects.
- Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work. Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Euclid , Patient Transporter, Other , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!