Bearing Cell Tech $36.50-$37.40/hour
Company: BWX Technologies Inc.
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Bearing Cell Technician - BWX Technologies, Inc. - Euclid,
Set up, process, and inspect bearings & bearing components by
utilizing manual and numerically controlled milling, turning, EDM
and grinding equipment. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
What we offer:
* Payrate: $36.50/hour
* Shift Premiums: 2nd shift = $0.90, 3rd shift = $0.80
* Unionized facility with 180-day probationary period
* Day 1 Medical & Dental benefits, Vision offered after 180-day of
* 401k Company Match
* Time Off:
* Five (5) unpaid sick days offered date of hire
* Three (3) paid sick days offered after 180-day of employment
* Two (2) weeks' paid vacation offered after eight months of
* Eleven (11) paid holidays after 90 days of employment
* Active employee life insurance with supplemental
* Safety glasses and boot reimbursements offered
* Generate, assemble and inspect bearings and bearing
* Verify and inspect all features using appropriate inspection
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints, operating sheets,
sketches and other related technical data to determine tooling
requirements, setup procedures, control settings and machining
method and sequences.
* Mounts, aligns and secures tooling, attachments and work piece on
* Selects and installs cutting tools in machine spindle.
* Loads control media such as tape, card or disk in machine
controller or enters commands to retrieve programmed instructions
* Calculates and sets machine controls to position spindle in
relationship to work in piece and to regulate factors such as
cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
* Inputs either through automatic download of manually, all SPC
information as defined by the engineering community to establish
and maintain process controls.
* Starts machine and monitors displays and machine operation to
detect malfunctions or deviations.
* Stops machine to change cutting tools and setup according to
required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to
* Enters commands or manually adjusts machine controls to correct
malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
* Operates machine manually to perform non-automated functions and
when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
* Discusses control media errors with supervisor or programming
personnel to resolve problems.
* Cleans machine, tooling and parts.
* Performs machine maintenance, housekeeping and other duties as
assigned by supervision.
* Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods, processes,
tools, gages and fixtures.
* Ability to setup and operate Manual and CNC Milling, Turning and
* Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment, fixtures
* Capable of being trained to develop N/C programs during setup
utilizing "M" code, "G" code, Mazatrol, or Esprit software for
* Meet all contractual quality requirements including inspection
methods and techniques required to meet final blueprint
* Must have ability to train other technicians on Manual and CNC
* Ability to move material and racks.
* Two (2) years of set-up and operation of CNC Milling, Turning and
* High School diploma or GED equivalency.
* Ability to demonstrate CNC control abilities including; editing
speeds, feeds, tool offsets and fixture offsets on milling,
turning, EDM and grinding equipment.
* Capable of being able to develop NC programs during set-ups
utilizing "G" code, "M" code, mazatrol, or esprit software for
* Demonstrate above CNC abilities on a test piece.
* Read and interpret complex blueprints and interpret geometric
tolerancing per ANSI Y14.5.
* Demonstrate the use of various measuring instruments including:
dial bore gages, indicator snap gages, verniers, and .0001
* Possess skills necessary to maintain accurate documentation and
the ability to follow complicated procedures and document
* Possess the knowledge and ability to use multi axis grinding
contouring as well as grinding wheel dressing and grit/size
selection to ensure that tight tolerances meet blueprints.
* Own applicable personal tools.
As a federal government contractor, BWX Technologies, Inc. and any
subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities ("BWXT" or the
"Company") complies with all federal, state, and local laws and
customer requirements regarding COVID-19 and other health and
safety protocols. As such, all BWXT new hires will be required to
adhere to applicable Company COVID-19 requirements within the
workplace as a condition of employment.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal
Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure
that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation,
career development, benefits company-sponsored training and social
recreational programs are administered without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong,
Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides
safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean
energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space
exploration. With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major
operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole
manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and
aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured
components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power
industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide
environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more
than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT's
technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production
in North America and microreactors for various defense and space
applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at
Keywords: BWX Technologies Inc., Euclid , Bearing Cell Tech $36.50-$37.40/hour, Other , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!