Company: Hose Master
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARYThe purpose of this position is
to assist in all purchasing functions for the Company, including
basic purchases of inventory, office and shop supplies, MRO items,
and other procured goods; tracking and expediting purchase orders;
research and troubleshooting issues; and recommending sources of
items to those involved in the procurement process.PRIMARY JOB
- Assist in soliciting bids for purchases, to ensure
cost-effective use of departmental budgets.
- Investigates issues related to procurement functions including
inventory levels, cost/price validation, accuracy in receiving and
accounts payables, and follow-ups of late purchase orders.
- Follows department guidelines and standardized and specialized
bid specifications through researching and analyzing information to
determine product and/or service needs and availability, as
- Maintains vendor relationships.
- Executes purchase orders upon direction of senior purchasing
- Processes and approves requisitions as required within
authorized limits. Ensuring that expenditures are properly
authorized, documents are properly completed and the terms and
conditions of purchases are appropriate. Assures verbal/written
quotes are obtained where necessary.
- Assures that department records are maintained and that
purchases are followed up or expedited when required.
- Interacts closely with operational and finance staff to ensure
that the organization business objectives are met, and that goods/
services are purchased effectively through approved sources in a
- Ability to schedule and prioritize bid projects
- Performs other related duties as required.QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS preferred, however, previous purchasing experience in an
industrial manufacturing environment will be considered.
- Ability to perform a variety of basic to complex purchasing,
and accounting work involving use of independent judgment with
- Ability to prepare bid specification for a large diversity of
- Ability to learn new Purchasing software applications and to be
able to explain to and train others on the applications.
- Have a working knowledge of Excel, Word, Access and other
software programs related to purchasing, operations and financial
- Ability to maintain cooperative, positive working relationships
with all co-workers and vendors.
- Ability to detect errors in system output and troubleshoots
problems involving inconsistent or inaccurate information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to operate a variety of office machines, such as a
typewriter, copier, calculator, telephone, etc.
- Ability to utilize mathematical formulas; add and subtract
totals, multiply and divide with great accuracy, determine
percentages and utilize statistics.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret a variety of
informational documentation, directions, instructions, and methods
and procedures related to purchasing functions.
- Ability to read, comprehend and transfer knowledge from
- Knowledge of the policies, procedures, and activities of the
Company, as they pertain to the performance of duties relating to
- Attention to detail
- Values, Trust and Integrity
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Time Management
- Sense of Urgency
- Customer Focus
- Team Effectiveness
- Business Knowledge
- Computer SkillsPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSDuties are primarily
performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or
computer terminal. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently required to sit, stand walk, talk and hear.
The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle,
or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
Duties may take the incumbent onto the shop floor for extended
periods of time to resolve issues or locate/coordinate orders.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
and the ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: Hose Master, Euclid , Buyer I, Other , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!