RN - Float Pool - Ortho
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Join our Ortho team at Euclid! We have PT and PRN shifts
available. Specializing in the care of orthopedic surgical
patients, Euclid Hospital's 5th floor nursing unit features an
exciting and extremely fast-paced nursing environment that is
focused on delivering high quality care to the patient populations
we serve. Our approach to patient care is team-oriented and
multi-disciplinary, including physicians, physician assistants,
nurse practitioners, registered nurses, case managers, and physical
therapists.We are a 22-bed unit that features both private and
semi-private rooms with some of the best views of Lake Erie that
Northeast Ohio has to offer. Although we specialize in orthopedics,
our talented nursing team is also extremely dedicated to providing
the highest quality care to Euclid Hospital's general surgery,
urology, and gynecologic surgical patients as well. Unit
Highlights:-High Employee Engagement-Team-oriented,
Multi-disciplinary Approach to Patient Care-Consistently Achieving
90th Percentile Patient Experience Scores-Certified by The Joint
Commission in OrthopedicsNot ready to apply, but have questions
about RN roles with Cleveland Clinic? Click Here to schedule a time
to speak with a Recruiter on the Nursing team:
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
- Monitors and documents patients condition and effectiveness and
timeliness of care and/or interventions.
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate
achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with approved nursing protocol.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patients discharge planning needs with
members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant
others considering cultural issues and other special concerns.
- Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
- Validates and documents patient and family understanding of
- Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing
formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification must
be presented upon hire or within first year of employment.
- Within one year of hire RNs in Childrens Hospital and Childrens
Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain Pediatric
Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association
(AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit RNs
who must achieve and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
through American Heart Association (AHA) provider status and RNs in
the Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and maintain Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association
- ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 1 year of employment if
employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is
- If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year
of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC -
adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon
hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance
required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion
(CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification
upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central
Catheter (PICC) areas.
- Any registered nurse or advanced practice nurse must obtain a
cancer specific certification or demonstrate ongoing qualifying
education within the timeframe of the facilities accreditation
cycle, if they work in -medical oncology, radiation oncology,
-cancer center or cancer clinic and/or administer chemotherapy
within an accredited Cleveland Clinic facility.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital
setting required for acute care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or
skilled nursing facility (SNF) experience required for SNF care
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or rehab
experience required for rehab care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or
Emergency Department (ED) experience required for ED settings.
- Will consider licensed military RN experience.Physical
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Euclid , RN - Float Pool - Ortho, Other , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!