Chemical Production Operator
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job SummaryPrepare, setup, weigh, package, fill and label. Works
in accordance with cGMP, Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety
and departmental procedures in order to meet customer demands.MAJOR
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
- Works safely within the parameters of and complies with company
Work Instructions and policies.
- Weighs and fills chemicals or bulk products in accordance with
Production Work Order (PWO).
- Operates production scales, including verifications and
- Setup, operate, clean and maintain the following equipment:
automatic heat sealer, electronic floor scale, digistalic pumps,
crusher, auger filling unites, autoclave unites, vibrating filler
unites, induction sealing equipment, portable exhaust hood, and
other equipment as required.
- Packages finished product for shipping (boxing, labeling) per
- Handles hazardous materials using all appropriate or mandatory
- Sweeps and mops floors and cleans Workstation after each
- Completes documentation in a legible manner; verifies and
reviews for accuracy.
- Maintains expected quality and quantity of work.
- Follows cGMP policies and procedures for handling, storage,
packing, manufacturing and distributing products.
- Moves partial leftover containers of product to the designated
area for relocation back into stock.
- Takes precautions to secure warehouse contents against loss.
Ensures doors stay locked at all times and only authorized
personnel enter the facility.
- Supports co-workers in their job responsibilities and is
expected to work as a team player.
- Turns off/shuts down equipment when not in use.
- Available to work 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS
(Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- High School completion or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
preferredKNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform
the job competently)
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
- Must be reliable and detail-orientedENVIRONMENTAL WORKING
CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions)The work
environment characteristics and physical effort described here are
representative of those an associate encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the
associate is exposed to an industrial warehouse environment. The
associate works near moving mechanical machinery and noise level in
the work environment is usually loud. The job requires working in
heights, exposure to changes in temperature, driving equipment, and
maybe exposed to dust, fumes, or gases.The associate is required to
stand and walk for the majority of the working day. The physical
requirements of the job are for associates to talk, hear,
bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height, reach above shoulder
height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull. Furthermore, the job
requires associates to lift/carry/push or pull up to 75 pounds with
or without assistance. Associates use both hands for repetitive
actions such as grasping and manipulating as well as both feet for
repetitive movement operating foots controls. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
focus.DISCLAIMER:The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required of employees assigned to this position.Avantor is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO StatementWe are an
Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local
law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at (see below) and
let us know the nature of your request and your contact
information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a
case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a
request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this
email address.For more information about equal employment
opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment
Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement,
and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links
below.EEO is the LawOFCCP EEO SupplementPAY TRANSPARENCY
NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION3rd party non-solicitation policyBy
submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and
contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing
to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee
on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and
conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will
take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on
its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation
Keywords: Avantor, Euclid , Chemical Production Operator, Professions , Euclid, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!